Thursday 4 November 2010

I wanna do some dancin' too.

I'm doing a presentation on Gene Kelly and how he made dancing manly, and in my research i came across an episode of Omnibus that he made where he danced with sporting legends called Dancing is a Man's Game.
I thought this was incredibly cool.



If you have a spare half hour you really should watch this. "I'm Here" is a short film by Spike Jonze, who makes me want to live in his brain. Sorry it's broken into 3 parts, but PLEASE watch it, you'll feel better for it.







How is Andrew Garfield still so recognizable and adorable, even when he has a modem for a head?

I had a good but brief rehearsal today, going over a scene from the very end of the play with my two leads. They are both awesome and make my job so easy. It's looking good. If the whole play were little intimate scenes like this I'd be laughing. They're so much more fun to direct. I'm never going a play with crowd scenes ever again!
I'm planning rehearsals for next week, because we really need to get a move on. Monday we're going to be doing a 4 hour character workshop, which should hopefully be fun and challenging and raise some questions and talking points for the actors. On Tuesday i might try and do a run through, or i might look more in depth at the first act. I haven't decided yet. Either way, more work needs to be done. The fact that i have a presentation to do tomorrow and an essay due in 2 weeks just makes things more interesting.

One final video. Advertising can be so great when it's done right.

No comments: