Monday 23 May 2011

Does this mean I'm a grown up?


I finished my dissertations. I printed them. I handed them in. I am no longer a university student.


Right now I'm not really sure what i feel. I was strangely calm this morning while i was finishing them off, and once i handed them in i was happy, but none of it really feels real. It might be the fact that I've had about 10 hours sleep over the past week, or that i haven't really had anything proper to eat from about 4 days, but right now it doesn't seem like it's really over.


I have had such a wonderful time at university, made amazing friends and done amazing things, and part of me doesn't feel ready to leave. On the other hand, there's a big world out there full of all kinds of opportunities, just waiting to be explored.


I just got home from the dissertation dash, which is the party that the students union throws for third year students on hand in day, and the first thing i did was apply for an apprenticeship at the Theatre Royal, Haymarket, working for 3 months studying directing with Trevor Nunn, helping produce a production of The Tempest starring Ralph Feinnes. There is only one place, and I'm sure there are thousands of applicants, but today I'm feeling lucky.

No comments: