Tuesday 1 February 2011

Not again.


I'm in a pretty weird mood at the moment. My election campaign starts on Thursday, so for the next week I'm going to be selling myself and how great I am to anyone who will listen, which has to rank as one of my least favourite things to do in the whole world. My friends are helping me, but everyone is busy and i don't want to burden them. The whole thing is stressing me out. It's a job I've wanted for 2 years, and I've put off applying for any other jobs or planning my life after uni until after i find out if I've got it, so potentially come next Thursday I'll be without a job and without a plan for the next year of my life. It terrifies me.


As for the play, since starting to write this post one of my actors has dropped out. That's right. Again. As if i didn't have enough stressful bullshit to contend with this week, I now have to re-cast the romantic lead, 2 and a half weeks before the show. I swear to god I'm cursed. This never happens to any of the other directors in the society. It's pretty hard to retain my enthusiasm when every show i direct has to go through such shit just to make it to the stage.


Right now, honestly, i just want to give up, run away to somewhere warm and start a llama farm or something.

No comments: