Monday 14 June 2010

This summer, I'll be mostly...

...Dressing like these people.

So, you may or may not be aware that I'm a bit of a fashion blog addict. Not in a sex and the city, gossip girl, devil wears prada sort of way, just in a kind of "i never get out of bed in the morning without spending a good 5 minutes on lookbook.nu" sort of way. I like getting inspiration from what other people are really wearing, and then mixing it with films i've seen or vintage styles.

Anyway. I've decided that this summer, it's all about these 3 looks. I shall be alternating between them until i hate them all.


First, a beautiful shot from The Sartorialist. Now, i love Scott Schuman and everything he stands for, but i rarely get real fashion ideas from his blog, he's a bit too highbrow for me. I love my cut-offs, my ripped jeans and my american apparel. I wish i could afford some of the stuff on his blog, but it's just not a reality. This look, however, i find completely adorable. Yes, the boy being very, VERY cute may have something to do with it, but it's all about the ease of it, the classic striped shirt, the rolled up khakis, the vintage bike. This is a look i can do.


Next, another shot from The Sartorialist, this time from a vintage photo competition he did a couple of months ago. People sent in photos of their relatives, occasionally dating back to the beginning of the last century. With this one, i'm looking at the girl on the left, with the awesome saddle shoes, baggy trousers and little halter top. Such attitude. She knows she's hot, you can see it on her face.


And finally, and i know i mention this film rather a lot, you can never go wrong with 1940s via The Edge of Love. Everything about the costumes in this film is just perfect. Pretty, wearable, a little messy, a little sexy, very, very fun. This is my festival wardrobe, and my picnic wardrobe, and my seducing alcoholic welsh poets wardrobe, and my ...

So yes, a silly post, but i've had these photos on my laptop for a while and i've been meaning to share. I should probably have put in a photo of Matilda from Leon aswell, since i find myself dressing like a pre-teen from the early 90's slightly more often tham may be considered appropriate, but i'll just leave that to your imaginations.

No comments: