Wednesday 9 June 2010

20 Questions

So a bunch of blogs i read have been posting these recently, and being the complete sheep that i am, i thought I'd follow the trend. Hopefully you'll find something interesting or amusing in here to keep you entertained. If not, check back next week when i probably won't be talking about myself.
Here we go:

1. Show us the inside of something cute:
(My immediate thought was of the actual insides of a kitten, but i thought that might be kind of disgusting, so you get the inside of its mouth instead.)

2. What is the last home cooking you had?
I don't cook, but for the past couple of days I've been making toasted chorizo, hummus and peppadew pepper sandwiches. Delicious!

3.What do you miss?
The screaming nipples, Mr Zane Brzezinski and Miss Karima Carter.

4.What makes you laugh often?
My Hideous Housemates.

5.What is your favorite word?
Undulating, or, more generically, Enthusiasm

6.What are you trying to quit?
Procrastinating, which obviously isn't working, since I'm writing my fricking blog instead of writing an essay about the portrayal of adolescence in The Virgin Suicides.
Also, saying "umm.... so, yeah" at the end of every sentence. Bad, bad habit.

7.What is your favorite commercial right now?
and an example of the kind of poster, if you can't be bothered to click the link.
Cute, huh?

8.Whose style do you dig?
So many people! A lot of the time it isn't so much about the actual clothes so much as the attitude with which they are worn. Here are some examples.
Penny Lane from Almost Famous. It could be that Kate Hudson is one of the most beautiful people on the planet, but in this movie i think she looks just about perfect. I'm not really about 70s clothing, but the way she wears it, she knows she looks awesome and she doesn't give a damn if you agree or not.

Edie Sedgwick. I know it's a cliche and everyone loves her, but honestly, how could you not. She wears tights and pants as trousers, runs around in her underwear, wears men's clothes, does whatever the hell she wants and always looks awesome. Again, i think not giving a shit what people think of you has a LOT to do with these girls' style personalities.

9.Link to a great blog you discovered recently...
I just found this one today while i was looking for pictures. I think I'm in love. http://champagnesequins.blogspot.com/
Also, my friend Poli's blog totally rocks, and I've only just gone back and read ALL of her posts. Tres cool.

10.What's the last craft you made?
Apart from the drawings I've been doing, which I've already posted, probably the last actual crafty creative thing I've done (if it counts) would be directing The Goat. I'm directing a scene from Antigone in a couple of weeks, and i might be making a couple of short films over the holidays, but as far as completed creations go, that probably would be it.

11.A photo of the last happy mail you got.
I very rarely get mail, but every Tuesday and Thursday I get a Graze box, which is a little box of fresh fruit and nuts and organic healthy snacks delivered to my door, which is lovely. If you want a box for free, then go to graze.com and use the code 15Q6W51. It's good, trust me.

12.Something you got lately.
Yesterday, revelling in the fact that i have nothing that i HAVE to read until October, I bought a book. It's called Light Boxes and it's by Shane Jones and it looks like this:

So far I'm enjoying it. It's a little weird, but I like that.

13.What are you looking forward to?
Going to Latitude Festival with my mum. I think it's gonna be super fun, if slightly weird.

14.Post a recent snapshot of yourself:

15.Recent Favorite Movie(s)?
A Single Man, by Tom Ford, is probably the most intense, profound cinema experience I've had in years. I came out of the cinema physically shaking and had to go home without my friends and lay down for a bit to process what I'd just seen. Utterly sublime. This is what cinema is supposed to be. I could list others, but you should watch this one first.

16.Something you are working on right now...
Apart from my essay?! I'm going to propose a production of Arthur Miller's The Crucible, to be performed in November, ideally in the meeting house on campus, which has amazing stained glass and a giant cross and a big organ and nice stone floors. I love the idea of doing it in a church, i think it adds a little something, non? Proposals are next week, so I'm getting all the preliminary stuff done now.
Also, I'm doing this scene from Jean Anouilh's Antigone for a collection of mythology shorts which are going on in 2 weeks. It's just a little scene but it'll be nice to direct again, I've been getting withdrawal symptoms.

17.If a movie where made about you, who would play you?
It could only be Natalie.

18.What gives you goosebumps?
I had to touch some baked beans today that fell out of the fridge. One of them fell on my toes and i had to take a shower. Too disgusting.

19.Share a new obsession.
MATTHEW GRAY GUBLER!
This obsession is bordering on the criminal. Since finishing classes 3 weeks ago I've watched almost 3 series of Criminal Minds (I know, I'm a despicable human being, let's leave it for a minute shall me?) and the main, if not only reason, is Goob. I'm so in love with him!
Not only is he disgustingly attractive, but he does other cool stuff too, like directs and illustrates and sings badly and saves kittens from burning buildings and cures cancer. Check out his website, it's amazing:
http://www.matthewgraygubler.com/ (if you click on "web page" it takes you to his blog where you can see more of his drawings.)
I even drew a picture of him. Maybe if you're very lucky I'll show it to you one day.

20.What is the meaning of your life?
The simple answer would be Enthusiasm. There has to be more of it, I try and inject it into everything I do (with varying degrees of success). The meaning of my life? I'm not sure what it means, but I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts, and if i can make life more enjoyable for other people while I'm at it, then i guess that's all good too.
Hope that wasn't too boring for you all. If anything, you have a book to look up, some new blogs to read, and a very sexy man to stalk along with me.
I'll be back to posting random crap not directly associated to me very shortly.

No comments: