Wednesday 16 June 2010

It's been too long

OK, I'm a Sofia Coppola addict, i think she's wonderful and her films put forward a strong argument for the existence of auteur theory, so imagine how excited i was to see this pop up on my twitter feed:




Finally a new film. Marie Antoinette came out while i was still in school, I'm now in my second year of university. How long does a girl have to wait?!
Anyway, the trailer doesn't disappoint, it has that Coppola feel, the beautiful shots, the sumptuous settings, and don't even get me started on the soundtrack. The Strokes haven't sounded that good since i was drunk at boarding school! In three words, I. Can't. Wait.


Another trailer released just about half an hour ago (i think this is what they call real-time blogging, ladies and gentlemen) is the first glimpse of Never Let Me Go. Have a look see:



Both of these trailers made me cry. I'm such a girl.

Something that made me especially happy with this film is that Fox Searchlight is marketing it with Carey Mulligan's name rather than Keira Knightley's. I know it's petty, but it does make me smile when the attention goes to the one with the talent rather than the one with the stupid mouth. Also, Andrew Garfield. Yum. He drew my attention away from Heath Ledger in Dr Parnassus, and anyone who could make me draw my gaze away from the last new thing I'll ever see Heath in definitely has something. If you haven't watched Boy A or Red Riding then do yourself a favour and watch them both, completely amazing.


So, after a rather disappointing start to the summer, finally i have some films to look forward to. I'm going to a press junket on Thursday, so expect another film post soon. Until then, i leave you with a little more Andrew. He won a BAFTA, don'tcha know...

No comments: