Thursday 5 June 2008

Photography Exam

My photography exam was in two halves, the first was the abstract nudes i posted the other day (I'll put up some of the edited shots of them soon, i promise) and the second was Ellen Von Unwerth inspired and a little bit sexier.

A couple of months ago I spent a Saturday learning how to do Solarplate Etchings using transparencies of Ellen Von Unwerth photos and come of my own doodles. You collage the transparencies and then put them over the plate and expose it to light.
What appears is an etching plate with the collaged image, photo perfect. It's quick easy and non-toxic, and i became slightly obsessed.
Here is the first one I made.


I thought it would be fun to do for my exam project, since it counts as a photographic process and i knew no one else would be doing anything similar, so i took some photos of my friend Fleur, edited them to remove any shadows from the background and enhanced the contrast.








 I then put them onto transparencies, collaged them until i got a composition i liked,  etched them and printed them.
I'm very happy with the results.






No comments: