Wednesday 5 November 2008

Yes We Can!

Finally, over 4 years after that story being written, it has an ending. And not just an ending, an amazing, awe inspiring, audaciously hopeful ending!

I stayed up until 6 in the morning watching the BBC coverage at East Slope bar with hundreds of other students, and it was the most fun, exciting and stressful night of my entire life. I didn't stop crying for roughly 2 hours after i found out Obama had won, i was that happy. I only got 3 hours of sleep last night, but i've been skipping around all day grinning at people like a mad thing.

Another good thing that happened today, which makes me rank November 5 2008 (because in England the votes came in on the 5th, i'm not a stupidhead who got the date wrong) as right up there on the cool day scale, is that i made a proposal to the drama society to direct Othello for the Brighton Festival. Brighton is England's largest arts festival, considered Edinburgh's little, but quickly growing sister, and my proposal was accepted! Come May, members of the general public and theatre going community will be able to watch a play I directed! I'm so excited i could scream, but i won't because the walls of my room are paper thin and i think Paul is trying to watch a film next door.

anyway, that's all i wanted to say. Life is good.

If you're not smiling already, then here's a postsecret that made me laugh.



Also check out today's a softer world comic, and put your mouse over the image, and think happy thoughts.

No comments: