Friday 13 February 2009

“Looking good and dressing well is a necessity. Having a purpose in life is not.”

So i was lurking on men.style.com again, as i am wont to do when i have essays due and seminars to go to and costumes to make and showers to have and really just feel like bathing in the glories of menswear design. It fascinates me, i don't know what it is. Anyway, there was a feature about new American menswear designers, and i felt that some of the images just had to be shared, for the stylistic good of the nation.

Taking style tips from these photos will make you better people. That's a fact.

This is a collection by Robert Geller. I love the suit on the left, and the fact that the designer's trousers are undone, but he still looks really cool and put together.



This is Andre Benjamin's label, Benjamin Bixby. Apparently he's influenced by comic book characters with nipped in waists and wide legs. I love the baker boy hat, very 1920s.



By far my favourite collection, Shipley and Halmos. I get that it's quite hipster, which is the look I'm most attracted to, but i mean really, it's just adorable, the perfect cut of the jeans, the checked shirts, and especially the little details like the fact that the model in the middle isn't wearing socks. I could write an ode to the pink bow tie alone. Sartorial Perfection.



Now go forth and re-create these looks. You will be happier, more fulfilled and cooler if you do. Trust me, I'm an English student.

No comments: