Monday 3 January 2011

This will be our year

To celebrate the new year, I've tried to think of some resolutions that i might actually keep. Here's what I've come up with:


Be Braver: This is one that i seem to say alot, but not nearly so much as other people say it to me. It applies to nearly every aspect of my life, but is particularly applicable in this coming year. It means not being afraid to go for what i want, whether it be a job, and internship, or a boy i like but don't have the courage to talk to. It means believing in myself and grabbing life by the balls.


Go Out More: This is along the same lines. I'm a student, and love my student life, but i seem to be working so hard on plays and essays that i hardly ever go out any more. I come home from rehearsal completely exhausted and spend my evenings and weekends curled up in bed watching TV. I'm not saying I'm going to become a party girl, but i do think I'd have more fun if a kicked back and let my hair down more often.



Wear More High Shoes: Because really, why the hell not? By now you all know about my amazing boots and how i wear them every day, and the simple fact is that i feel happier when I'm in them. Screw the fact that they make me a giant (and that a random man came up to me in London yesterday to tell me that he loved my look but that i would scare all the men away), screw that it's not considered normal to wear 6 inch heels every day. If i say it's casual wear then it's casual. It's a quality of life issue, and my life is better when i wear big shoes.


I think they're pretty reasonable, as far as resolutions go. Hopefully they shouldn't be too hard to keep either. Anyway, I hope you have a very happy new year and that it brings you all kinds of joy.

No comments: